Regional Construction Manager (Modular Hire) - South of England - E4579Apply Now
JOB TITLE AND BENEFIT DETAILS
Regional Construction Manager
Salary up to £55-58k depending on experience + car allowance + 25 days holiday plus bank holidays + life insurance + tonnes of other benefits!
Are you looking for a company you can grow with? At Algeco we fill most vacancies from within – which means this could not only be your next job, but the one after that as well."
To provide specific leadership and strategic management of all site activities within the nominated region with respect to safety, quality, programme, finance and customer service in line with Algeco ongoing change and development programme.
WHAT WE DO
Algeco UK is the leader in modular accommodation not only in the UK but around the world.We provide more buildings for hire than anyone else, including modular buildings for sale and rent, and off-site permanent buildings for sale for temporary, semi-permanent and permanent use.As part of the Modulaire Group we have 300,000 units available in 18 countries throughout Europe, including the UK. We’re also active in Australia, New Zealand and China.So, when you join us, you’re joining a team that’s already established, highly successful – and hungry for more.
YOU PROBABLY WANT TO KNOW WHATS INVOLVED
· Maintain a safe working environment for self, colleagues, products and processes in line with Algeco H & S policy.
· Develop and maintain action plans to deliver required standards and ongoing improvements
· Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance
· Ensure appropriate competence is developed and maintained within the site team to ensure effective Health and safety management.
· Ensure all “incidents” are reported, investigated to establish root cause and corrective actions applied.
· To support the development and implementation of effective Quality Management systems across all sites ensuring all work is completed in line with required quality standards.
· Ensuring Non Conformance reporting is maintained to drive Continuous improvement.
· Monitor progress of projects to plan and manage resources to ensure schedule adherence
· Utilise the I & E process to Monitor, control and report all project costs to ensure financial targets are met.
· Manage inventory processes and controls to ensure effective material supply to the sites.
· Through appropriate training, mentoring and coaching ensure there is a sustainable pipeline of operational management talent capable of driving ongoing improvements
· Develop a culture of ownership within the team for the ongoing development of process and product change.
· Produce and deliver challenging yet deliverable project programmes when required.
· Arrange and provide pre-contract support to the sales team.
· Ensure all projects are adequately resourced to provide effective management as required.
· Ensure all Sub Contractors are appointed on a timely basis in accordance with Algeco procurement processes.
· Ensure close co-ordination and productive feedback is maintained with Manufacturing and Assembly management.
· Ensure all project costs are co-ordinated with the commercial and financial team to provide transparency and promote cost savings wherever possible.
WHAT EXPERIENCE WE NEED FROM YOU
- Degree level qualification in construction /or closely related industry
- CSCS Black card
- First Aid
- Experience of delivering results against financial targets, service, quality and safety levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Determined, influential with strong participative leadership skills
- Specialist or Main Contracting experience of Construction management
- Construction Contracts ie JCT, D&B, NEC, N.E.I.C and SMM7 forms of contract
- Health, Education, Commercial, Industrial experience
At Algeco, we respect and value differences and are passionate about our people, our customers and the planet. We nurture an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. We are committed to building a culture that brings together the very best of our people and their unique skills, experiences, abilities and where they can flourish.
In joining the Algeco team, you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that is helping to innovate and play a part in building a better future and creating value for our customers, our people, society and the planet.