Production Lead - Southampton - E4661Apply Now
JOB TITLE AND BENEFIT DETAILS
Salary £28-32k + 25 days holiday plus bank holidays + life insurance + tonnes of other benefits!
Are you looking for a company you can grow with? At Algeco we fill most vacancies from within – which means this could not only be your next job, but the one after that as well."
Managing a small team to ensure productivity is maximised and quality levels are kept high.
WHAT WE DO
Algeco is the leader in modular accommodation not only in the UK but around the world.We provide more buildings for hire than anyone else, including modular buildings for sale and rent, and off-site permanent buildings for sale for temporary, semi-permanent and permanent use.As part of the Modulaire Group we have 300,000 units available in 18 countries throughout Europe, including the UK. We’re also active in Australia, New Zealand and China.So, when you join us, you’re joining a team that’s already established, highly successful – and hungry for more.
YOU PROBABLY WANT TO KNOW WHATS INVOLVED
- To execute the daily production plan
- Engage with operatives to ensure they understand work requirements involved in completing their tasks and clarify where required. This includes technical, quality, and task duration aspects of the job.
- Monitor operative’s performance in terms of speed and quality of works and provide feedback / instruct operatives where required. This includes hourly / short-interval-control checks.
- Lead staff in the quest of achieving operational efficiency targets.
- Update performance white boards as required.
- Weekly & Monthly documenting and reporting overtime worked to HQ and reporting total hours including holiday, sickness & overtime for payroll.
- Manage absence that includes conducting 'return to work' interviews.
- Manage disciplinary and performance issues.
- Identifying resourcing requirements and following relevant processes to ensure recruitment needs meet. This will include completing requisitions, short listing candidates, interviewing and providing feedback.
- Responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety within the yard including: training, PPE, plant & machinery (tools/ladders etc), incident reporting and adherence to Company Policy at all times.
WHAT EXPERIENCE WE NEED FROM YOU
- Highly capable / knowledgeable in their trade and delivering works.
- Experienced in leading a team / being accountable for a team’s performance.
- Basic understanding and acceptance of Health & Safety rules.
- Good mix of general maintenance skills.
- Competent in the use of basic hand/power tools.
At Algeco, we respect and value differences and are passionate about our people, our customers and the planet. We nurture an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. We are committed to building a culture that brings together the very best of our people and their unique skills, experiences, abilities and where they can flourish.
In joining the Algeco team, you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that is helping to innovate and play a part in building a better future and creating value for our customers, our people, society and the planet.