Materials Operative - Thurrock - E4635Apply Now
JOB TITLE AND BENEFIT DETAILS
Salary: £10.98 per hour + 25 days holiday plus bank holidays + overtime at time and half.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 40-hour week
Company benefits, sociable hours, option to purchase holiday, pension scheme, reward & recognition & overtime available. Once you are a permanent employee of Algeco UK, refer a friend and receive £600 bonus!
Assisting maintenance operatives in delivering materials to work bays from the stores to ensure smooth production of units.
WHAT WE DO
Algeco UK is the leader in modular accommodation not only in the UK but around the world. We provide more buildings for hire than anyone else, including modular buildings for sale and rent, and off-site permanent buildings for sale for temporary, semi-permanent and permanent use. As part of the Modulaire Group we have 300,000 units available in 18 countries throughout Europe, including the UK. We’re also active in Australia, New Zealand and China. So, when you join us, you’re joining a team that’s already established, highly successful – and hungry for more.
YOU PROBABLY WANT TO KNOW WHATS INVOLVED
- Identify materials requirements by speaking with operatives and deliver materials to work bays.
- Closely monitor the completion of units, and execute a quick change-over of units into work bays and paint shop
- Read production plans that outlines orders in which units will be worked upon and ensuring the associated work bay has all the required materials
- Maintain a well-stocked / orderly keeping of materials within the workshop
- Operate an electric pallet truck to carry out duties
- Empty skips from work bays
- Cleaning of units and fittings internally and externally & any other ad hoc duties
WHAT EXPERIENCE WE NEED FROM YOU
- A good attitude
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Previous materials experience is an advantage
At Algeco UK, we respect and value differences and are passionate about our people, our customers and the planet. We nurture an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. We are committed to building a culture that brings together the very best of our people and their unique skills, experiences, abilities and where they can flourish. In joining the Algeco UK team, you will be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that is helping to innovate and play a part in building a better future and creating value for our customers, our people, society and the planet.